Friday, July 20, 2012

Feature and Follow (4) & TGIF (2)


I'm new to the blogging society and I think these two memes are a great way to get to know other bloggers!

Feature and Follow is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. Follow them and the featured blogs, answer this weeks question and join the following!

This weeks question:


Q: Christmas in July! Someone gives you a gift card for two books (whatever that costs). What two books will you buy?


Just two books? That's hard, my wish list is so big. But well, I will play along nicely. I would choose:
Tiger LilyUnearthly (Unearthly, #1)
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
I really can't wait to read this title!!


Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
For some reason I never put this book on my wish list, but I heard so many good things about it now that it's right at the top. 


TGIF is hosted by GReads!. This features re-caps this weeks posts and proposes a questions to the followers. 


This weeks question:

Throwback TGIF: Pick a previous question you posted on your blog in the past & revisit your answer. Has it changed since then?


Since this is only my second TGIF (and the answer hasn't changed) I'm going to cheat a little and just going to pick a question. 

A Book Blogger is Born: What made you decide to start your very own book blog?

I think my answer is the same as almost everyone who owns a book blog, I just really love books and talking about them. So that's what made me start my blog. I started at the beginning of this year, but I just hadn't really thought through how I wanted it to be, so I stopped posting. In may I felt like now was the time to really start taking it seriously and here I am, totally happy with my blog. And the book blogging community is awesome!

Last two weeks posts:

I was on vacation last week so here are the posts for the last two weeks!



25 comments:

  1. Unearthly is a good one and one I have been wanting to get for so long now.

    Happy Weekend!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Unearthly, and it's a great book :) I just haven't gotten myself a copy :) And Tiger Lily looks really good! New follower! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dyyyyying to read Tiger Lily, I hear such wonderful things about it! I'm glad you came back to book blogging after thinking what you really wanted it to be - I kind of went headfirst in without thinking about what it would entail and sometimes I wonder if I should have taken a small hiatus after a few months in just to re-evaluate what I wanted out of it. In any case, the book community IS awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. I've seen Tiger Lily all over recently. I must check these out. Following back :-)
    -Jenese
    www.readersconfession.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! Both are on my wishlist!

    Thanks for stopping by - new follower here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to read both books!!!

    Happy Friday and New Follower!
    My FF
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping around!
    I'd buy Tiger Lily too, it seems very interesting:)
    New follower!
    Have a nice weekend,
    Here's my FF

    http://readersdistrict.blogspot.it/2012/07/feature-follow-friday-1.html

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not heard of tiger lily, but I have heard of Unearthly, just not much into angel books, but I have heard good things about it! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really excited to read Tiger Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to read Tigerlily. and the book community is great. That is definitely one reason I started up blogging. I wanted to be able to have those discussions with people who truly love to read. :)
    My TGIF
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of Unearthly and I would like to read it! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am now following via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read Unearthly last year and really enjoyed it, despite my YA-bias, so I hope once you get it, you'll like it at least as much! :D

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unearthly is really good and I am definitely looking forward to reading Tiger Lily! Great choices :-)

    Following!
    SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been wanting to read both of these! They sound awesome!

    Thanks for following!

    -Katie @ Dedicated Readers Only

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh so interested in Tiger Lily! I've heard so many good things about it.
    I'm glad you're happy with your blog now! I still change things around a lot and was kind of lost in the beginning, but the book blogging community is so great that I got a lot of little tips and tricks and soon gained a little confidence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopping through. A lot of people are mentioning Tiger Lily. I'd like to read it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've had Unearthly for a while now but haven't read it. Great picks!

    check out mine:
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/blog-tour-sign-upthe-white-forest-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tiger Lily's been a popular choice today; I have to add it to my TBR list. I need to read Unearthly, too.

    Thanks for stopping by and following! Following you back via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved Unearthly, I think you'll really enjoy it! Thanks for following, I'm following also :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. New follower through all 3! Return the favour over at my blog, http://www.bethebooks.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved Unearthly! It was so much better than I thought it would be. I haven't read Tiger Lily, but I've heard good things. New GFC follower.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-friday-34-and-tgif-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so glad that you decided to come back and book blog again! It's one of the most fulfilling things in my life and I hope you feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tiger Lily is a super popular pick this week! Maybe I need to move it up on my list. And I've heard really good things about Unearthly. Great picks (:

    - Kim (old follower)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi I haven't read either of them. But thanks for the recommend. I followed you here from Twitter only to discover that you are also a FF follower! So, happy to follow you, and you can follow me at: http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com
    Anyone from Mars reading this post would think we humans are nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Interesting titles! Unearthly is on my to-read list.

    Here are my picks.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!