Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (41)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week I'm waiting on 

Born of Illusion by Teri Brown

Born Of IllusionTitle: Born of Illusion
Author: Teri Brown
Will be published on: June 15th, 2013 (Balzer & Bray)

Anna Van Housen is thirteen the first time she breaks her mother out of jail. By sixteen she’s street smart and savvy, assisting her mother, the renowned medium Marguerite Van Housen, in her stage show and séances, and easily navigating the underground world of magicians, mediums and mentalists in 1920’s New York City. Handcuffs and sleight of hand illusions have never been much of a challenge for Anna. The real trick is keeping her true gifts secret from her opportunistic mother, who will stop at nothing to gain her ambition of becoming the most famous medium who ever lived. But when a strange, serious young man moves into the flat downstairs, introducing her to a secret society that studies people with gifts like hers, he threatens to reveal the secrets Anna has fought so hard to keep, forcing her to face the truth about her past. Could the stories her mother has told her really be true? Could she really be the illegitimate daughter of the greatest magician of all?

I would only read this book for it's cover. It's so beautiful and it promises a very good story!


What are you waiting on?

12 comments:

  1. OOh taht one sounds exciting! NEw to me!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, yeah that cover is stunning! I was lucky with an ARC and so far I am loving it!!! :D The story is super fascinating.

    -AWESOME WoW pick Helen,
    Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ [My WoW]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked this one a couple months ago because it sounds sooo amazing!! Couldn't get an ARC, unfortunately. But I love the 20s and spiritualism, so I think this will be a big win! And I agree, the cover is stunning ^^

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover on this one!

    Kat
    katsbookbuzz.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am super excited to get myself a copy of this book! It sounds absolutely brilliant, especially as it's set in the 1920's. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting story. And you're right about the cover...it's beautiful.

    Here's my WoW:
    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-debut-novel-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen on that cover sistah - but it sounds like it'll be good story too so double bonus!

    Waiting on Wednesday @ the Brunette Librarian’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh hadn't seen this before but it looks good :) thanks for stopping by our blog!

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great WoW!! And what a powerful cover...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read this one too! I think the 1920s setting will so much fun especially with the whole supernatural set-up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES! This one was my WoW pick a while back too, I am definitely waiting right along with you :D Brilliant choice, it just sounds so mystical with the seances & the time period ♥

    Thanks for sharing!
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!