Thursday, December 06, 2012

Review Die For Me by Amy Plum


Die for Me (Revenants, #1)Title: Die For Me
Author: Amy Plum
Published: May 5th, 2011 (HarperCollins)
Pages: 259
Source: bought
Series:
Revenants #1
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis from Goodreads: My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.

While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

This was one of those books that sat on my shelves for ages and I wanted to kick myself for not reading it sooner! I have a lot of those lately! That has probably something to do with me wanting to lower my TRB pile, so I'm reading all those books. 

I loved the idea behind Die For Me! It's really original. Vincent is a revenant. He dies over and over again to save people's lives. He can't stop the urge to do this. And every time he dies, his life is reset to the moment he actually died. There are also bad revenants (numa) who make people kill themselves. It sounds really freaky (especially the stalker part), but Vincent is so sweet I forgot about it soon! 

Die For Me was a page turner for me! At first I was a bit afraid I wouldn't connect with Kate, because her parents died and I didn't want her to be extremely emotional, but she totally wasn't. Of course she's sad, but just enough. So I really liked her! She's also realistic. After Vincent tells her his story she believes him, but she's also hesitant! I loved her even more for that!

And than there's Vincent. What can I say about him that will actually do him justice? He's amazing! Throughout the story you find out more and more about him and I really wanted to know! It was one of the reasons I almost couldn't put this book down!

That brings me to Amy Plum's writing style, which is amazing! The way she build the story is so good. You don't get all the information at once. This was frustrating to some point, because I really wanted to know. But after you find out it makes the story even more amazing! And she wrote such a beautiful setting! I love Paris! I've been there a couple of times, but I hope to go there again in the near future!

I loved reading Die For Me and staring at that pretty cover! For me the ending felt like a closed story, so I didn't immediately feel like picking up the second part, but I'll definitely read it! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked this one! I've been staring at it online and in book stores for so long but somehow never picked it up... I really need to change that next year!
    I like that you addressed the writing style in your review because that's really important to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!