Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (22)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week I'm waiting on 

Override by Heather Anastasiu


Override (Glitch, #2)Title: Override
Author: Heather Anastatiu
Series: Glitch #2
Will be published on: February 12th, 2013 (St. Martin's Griffin)
Synopsis from Goodreads: Zoe never wanted to be a leader. She just wanted to be free. After escaping the Community and getting her friends away from Chancellor Bright’s control, she thinks everything will get better. She and Adrien can finally be together. She’s safe at the Foundation and is training with a team of other glichers to become a freedom fighter in the Resistance. 

But while Zoe is free, she’s far from safe. Adrien is tortured by visions of the future that he refuses to share with her. And there’s something’s wrong with Zoe’s telekinesis. The control she gained when she escaped the Community seems completely gone, and her power is expanding in unexpected and terrifying ways. Everyone is counting on her to be the key to defeating the Chancellor, but Zoe is terrified she’s too weak to save anyone.

As the Chancellor begins enacting her plan to move up the ranks of the government and gain an ever-widening noose of control, the future of Resistance grows more and more precarious every day. Others around Zoe are becoming desperate in their attempts to survive, until finally distrust and betrayal leads to the terrible discovery that their greatest threat could already be lurking behind the safe walls of the Foundation itself. In the end, Zoe will have to make a choice: will she stand up as the leader Adrien foretold her to be, or will she fail everyone in the moment they need her most?

Glitch is one of my favorite books I've read in 2012. I have to make my top ten, but I have a suspicion it's going to be on it! So, of course, I can't wait to read Override! The ending of Glitch was a total cliffhanger and I want to know how it continues!

What are you waiting on?

16 comments:

  1. Do I suck because I haven't read Glitch yet? It's on my TBR though, maybe I'd pick it up sometime before Override comes out. :)

    Care to stop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read Glitch, I live the covers for this series, great choice, thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jammer dat het vaak nog zo lang duurt voordat nieuwe boeken die je graag wil lezen uitkomen:( Klinkt echt super!

    ps. Nog bedankt voor je mailtje! Ik ga haar mailen:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm yet to read Glitch! Now that the sequel is coming out, I better read it soon! Thanks for sharing. :D

    Thanks for stopping by my Waiting On Wednesday post earlier.

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read the first, but I am interested.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't yet read Glitch...but I've been tempted. Enjoy Override.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh interesting! Haven't heard of that one but sounds intriguing!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to read Glitch! I am excited about the series, but I'm a little disappointed in this cover. There's something lacking. Great pick!

    Check out My WoW!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Glitch but I always thought the premise sounded interesting! I had no idea the sequel already had a cover and everthing o.O Great pick, and you don't have all that much longer to wait ;)
    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ik vond Glitch niet zo geweldig, maar ik hoop dat je deze weer net zo leuk vind als de eerste! :)

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Glitch, but it seems really interesting, so hopefully I'll be able to check it out before Override is released. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to read Glitch, but it is on my wishlist. The covers are gorgeous in this series. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huh, interesting to know Glitch was one of you favourites of 2012! I should check it out sometime. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read Glitch yet. The cover looks gorgeous. But this one looked like she's cutting her wrist at first sight.

    Thanks for droppin by my WoW! :)

    Michelle Shouts Random

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want this book! I loved the first one! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!