Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (21)



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week I'm waiting on 

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer


Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)Title: Scarlet
Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: Lunar Chronicles #2
Will be published on: February 5th, 2013 (Feiwel & Friends)
Synopsis from Goodreads: Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.

I finished Cinder a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was amazing! I've been a fan of fairy tale retellings for a long time and Cinder definitely hits my Top 3. I can't wait to read this retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. 

What are you waiting on?

16 comments:

  1. I look forward to this as well! Still need to read Cinder though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I look forward to this too, but still need to read Cinder!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Scarlet either. I love the Dystopian spin she put on Cinderella and am interested to see what she does in Scarlet!
    Here's my WoW.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting for this book forever!! Great pick!

    Our WoW for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg yes!! Cinder was soooo amazing! It was one of my favourite reads all year. I can't wait for Scarlet! Awesome choice. :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Love this pick. Cant wait to read.
    Here's myWoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sooooo need to get my greedy little hands on a copy of this - incredibly jealous of everyone who got an ARC of it... Awesome pick! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this cover. Still need to read Cinder, read your review and that def bumped it up on the tbr pile. Did you get an ARC?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my WOW. I haven't read Cinder yet, but it's on my TBR list!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I so love Cinder very much. I want to read this very much as well. Thanks for visiting me earlier.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like pretty much everyone else here! I need this book ASAP!! Come out like NOW!!!!! Cinder was too amazing!

    Thanks for visiting out blog!

    -Angie @YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read this either! Cinder is amazing and I can't wait to learn more about this world. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still have yet to read Cinder myself, but it's always encouraging when I hear accounts like yours that talk about how awesome it was! So I WILL get to it soon. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really waiting on this one, too! I adored Cinder much, and I really want to know what happens next. Ahhh. Only like two months to go now!

    Thanks for dropping by! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best pick! I am DYING to read Scarlet. Needs it. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!