Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday has another topic and different bloggers give their top ten. I love making lists, so here's mine for this week!

This week topic is 

Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines

I just discovered Adobe Illustrator and it's pretty amazing! I use it mostly to make my resume look a bit prettier, but I still have to practice a lot, so I decided to make this picture you see down here. It's like an experiment. 




Trella (Insider)
I like kick-ass book heroines in general. It just makes a story a lot better most of the time! Trella is just like that, she doesn't do anything for a boy, or because someone says so. She can think and act for herself!

Celaena Sardothien (Throne of Glass)
I absolutely loved her! The worlds most feared assassin and it's a girl! You gotta love it!

Eowyn (Lord of the Rings)
There aren't a lot of women in LotR and that's what made me love Eowyn even more. That scene where she saves King Theoden from a horrible death? One of the most beautiful scenes in the books and movies!

Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)
I love how she grows throughout the books. She one of my favorite fictional characters of all time. 

Tris Prior (Divergent)
She stands up for herself and picks what she thinks is best for herself although everyone expects something different. That takes something!

Aria (Under the Never Sky)
She isn't overall kick-ass, but I just loved how she didn't trust all those guys around her. Sometimes that's just necessary ;). 

Calla Tor (Nightshade)
I love books about werewolves and female werewolves are even better! They can kick some ass!

Waverly (Glow)
For those who haven't read the book yet I won't spoil anything. I'll just say Waverly is awesome!

Isabelle Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments)
Hello? She has a whip! That's all I'll say. 

Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games)
Katniss doesn't need an explanation I think. 

What's your Top Ten this week? Leave your link in the comments!

18 comments:

  1. Yay, I picked Eowyn and Isabelle too! :D Great list! I thought Celaena would definitely belong on mine but I haven't read the book yet so it would feel a bit pretentious to put her there ^^'
    I haven't read all the books/series on your list but now I have some new great heroines to check out it seems!

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I got Tris, Celaena & Katniss on my list too! Isabelle is TOTALLY bad-ass too. Great list! :D

    Thanks for dropping by my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't we just all love Hermione Granger! She's fantastic! I can totally understand why she's your favourite character.

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I agree Katniss needs no explaination. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hermione, Tris & Celaena, couldn't agree more with you! :D Great list!

    TTT @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hermione is just amazing. I didn't think to include Isabelle, she is definitely kick-ass. The whip just adds to it, haha!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I loved how Aria got stronger and stronger throughout the book. And Isabelle is just so cool. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see we all put Hermione, Katniss and Tris on our lists, great! :)

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HP and HG are on my list (and almost everyone's :D) but I think all the rest of these are on my TBR list. Can't wait to get to them! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    I love Hermoine of course, and I really want to read Under the Never Sky... Also I love the name Aria, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read all of these, but we do have a few in common. I guess I have to read Under Never Sky and Glow :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went with Clary, but Isabelle should have shared that spot with her on my list. You are absolutely correct.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man, why didn't I choose Isabelle?! Glow is still sitting on my kindle...
    Fantastic choices :) Celaena and Katniss were on my list too for the same reasons haha. Great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Calla is a great choice. And yes, Isabelle certainly is a kick-ass character too. Looking forward to reading Under the Never Sky and the Insider series too, the heroine's sound awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woot! I picked Celaena and Katniss also! Eowyn's there, too, but she's presiding over the list.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would you believe I haven't yet read Throne of Glass or Under the Never Sky? :) Totally agree on Hermione, Katniss, Tris & Isabelle all being kickass ladies!! Great list, Helène.

    Thanks for stopping by my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wicked list :) I'm so glad someone else included Isabelle -you summed it up exactly... she has a whip!!!! lol. Thanks for stopping in at my top ten as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lot of you choices are on my TBR pile. I can't believe I'm missing out on so many kick-ass ladies! I better get to those soon. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!