Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall Into Reading Question: WHO?

Fall Into Reading Challenge 2012 is hosted by Katrina from Callapidars Days. We're now something over a month into the challenge, so we have still two months to go! Once in a while Katrina will post a question to keep us busy next to reading all the books on our lists! You can find my list here

The first question is:

Is there an author (or authors) whose books you are always watching for? Do you jump to snatch up the latest literary offering from certain specific authors? In other words, who are your go-to authors?

My list of authors I love is pretty long, but I'm pretty picky when it comes to books. I always read the synopsis. If it doesn't sound like something I would like I'm not sure if I'll read it. There are so many amazing books out there, you can't read everything (unfortunately!!!). 

After reading Twilight and Stephenie Meyer published The Host I was really hesitant about reading it, although I loved Twilight. A friend of mine recommended it to me and I read and loved it. But I also have the experience the other way around. After reading the first books of the Fallen series by Lauren Kate I wanted to read anything by her. So I read The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove and it was a big disappoint. After that I decided to be more picky in the future and I still am. 

I decided to make two lists: 

Authors I've read multiple books/series by (and loved them):

  • Mary Hoffman
  • Stephenie Meyer
  • L.J. Smith
  • Lindsey Kelk
  • Lauren Conrad 
  • Sophie Kinsella
  • Alyson Noël
  • Ann Brashares

Authors I want to read more from:
  • Brigid Kemmerer
  • Joss Stirling
  • Ruth Warburton
  • Amy Kathleen Ryan
  • Katie McGarry
  • Sarah J. Maas

So who are your go-to authors?

1 comment:

  1. Ja, kritisch zijn moet wel. Toch merk ik dat ik ook sneller een boek oppak van een auteur die ik al ken. Een nieuwe Marian Keyes koop ik meteen, of Esther Gerritsen, Haruki Murakami, Lisa Jewell (echt een aanrader met jouw voorkeuren, denk ik), Ian McEwan, nog wel meer waar ik nu niet op kom... Ik ben ook heel benieuwd naar de nieuwste van Heather McElhatton omdat ik járen geleden zo heb genoten van een eerder boek van haar. Een boek/ auteur kan je dus ook echt heel lang bijblijven. Dat alleen al zegt heel wat.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!