Friday, August 03, 2012

Feature and Follow / TGIF (4)


I'm new to the blogging society and I think these two memes are a great way to get to know other bloggers! If your new to my blog: you can follow me via GFC, Networked Blogs or Linky. Your choice :). If you follow me let me know, I'll return the favor! 


Feature and Follow is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. Follow them and the featured blogs, answer this weeks question and join the following!

This weeks question:


Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?

One thing that changes is the amount I read. If I'm really happy or sad, or e.g. nervous, I tend to read less than usual. I can always read YA and I mostly do.  My other favorite genre is Chick Lit, but that one's mood based. If I'm happy I read Chick Lit, if I'm not I tend to avoid it, because I learned in the past I won't enjoy the books as much as I would otherwise. 
Once in a while I like to read literature, but I only do that if I'm in a real reading mood. If I'm not there's a chance I just stop reading. Because I don't want to start a new book before I finished the one I'm currently reading.


TGIF is hosted by GReads!. This features re-caps this weeks posts and proposes a questions to the followers. 


This weeks question:


Book Olympics: In the spirit of the Olympics, which books would you give the gold, silver, and bronze medals to? It can be from any genre, new or old. 
Glitch (Glitch, #1)City of Swords (Stravaganza, #6)Bunheads

I've chosen three books I read recently which I loved the most.
Gold: City of Swords by Mary Hoffman
Silver: Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
Bronze: Bunheads by Sophie Flack


12 comments:

  1. Yeah Chick Lit is definitely one I need to be in a mood for. Love your header btw.

    Preet @ AWR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice answer Helene! :) And I like your current read ;) I'll be starting it soon too I think :)

    Happy Friday!!!

    Here's my #FF post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chick lit is a genre I definitely have to be in a mood for.

    Thanks for stopping by My FF

    New Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and for the follow! New GFC follower :) Have a great week-end!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chick Lit and I aren't such good friends. I get bored too quickly with it. Great answers. Happy to follow. You can find me at: http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, sometimes if I'm highly emotionally I can't read as much as I usually do! I'm a new GFC follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, the three books you chose for TGIF are all books that I want to read! They look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for dropping in; returned the follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always lean towards chick lit (or other contemp) when I'm in a better mood. They are more fun then! Mostly for the same reason you stated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only read Chick Lit when I'm in a good mood as well. I can't wait to read Glitch so I'm glad you liked it. City of Swords is new to me...I'll have to check it out. Old GFC follower.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/follow-friday-36-and-tgif-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. For me I find my mood changes the genre that I want to read. I go through blocks where I only read one genre, then I randomly change to another one. But I don't find myself reading certain books because of the way I feel. Although I do find that the way I feel has an impact on how much I enjoy the book! So if I'm angry or sad I try and take a break from reading till I get over it :)

    I could never start a new book before finishing the one I'm reading. If I start reading a new book then I will never go back to the book I was previously reading.

    New Follower via RSS!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!