Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Top Ten Characters I’d Like To Switch Places With For 24 Hours

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday has another topic and different bloggers give their top ten. I love making lists, so here's mine for this week!

This week topic is 

Top Ten Characters I’d Like To Switch Places With For 24 Hours


I like this week's topic! What I love most about reading is that you can dive into another world. And of course I've thought about how it would be to be truly in that world. So it wasn't hard making this list!


1. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)
Hermione is without a doubt the first character I would switch places with any day! First of all, because I would love to go to Hogwarts, but I also love Hermione's character. I think I look a lot like her. I never mind learning at school and I admire her bravery. 

2. Angela Clark (I Heart)
Wouldn't it be awesome to punch your cheating boyfriend in the face, hop on a plane and go living in New York. I don't want the cheating boyfriend, but the moving to NYC, YES! And the things she experiences, hilarious and amazing! If only my life would turn out that way. 

3. Cassie Blake (The Secret Circle)
Of all the books about witches I think Cassie is the toughest witch of them all. She felt really genuine to me and I liked that about her. She's this big power witch without asking for it, and she deals with everything, including her mum who just passed away. Of course I would love to be one of the most powerful witches of all time for a day!

4. Calla Tor (Nightshade)
On this list you'll find most magical creatures. I think it would be great to experience for one day how it would be to be e.g. a werewolf. I would shift and run all day! 

5. Lyra Belacqua (His Dark Materials)
I love the worlds she lives in and I wouldn't say no to spending a day there. And having a daemon is something I wanted since I read this series.

6. Isabelle Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments)
I think it would be awesome to kick ass as Isabelle Lightwood. Just for one day! I'm not really that bad ass in real life.

7. Arianna Rossi (Stravaganza)
The people who come here more often know by now that I love the Stravaganza series. My favorite character is Arianna Rossi. She leads the most beautiful city, Venice. It would be great to switch places for 24 hours.


8. Alice Cullen (Twilight)
The next magical creature. I think it would be a special experience being a vampire. And even more because Alice is special. For just one day I would love to have her gift. 

9. Arwen Undomiel (The Lord of the Rings)
Being an elf would be amazing. I thought Arwen was the most beautiful female character in The Lord of the Rings. But I would only trade if I can be together with Aragorn ;). 

10. Grimalkin (The Iron Fey)
I really liked The Iron King and I want to be Grimalkin for one day just to know what he's thinking!

12 comments:

  1. Hermione and Alice. YES! I'm right there with you. They have fab lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was definitely considering Lyra, too! I'd just love to read the alethiometer, and ride with Iorek, and talk with Lee, and have Pan as my Daemon. (And Will Parry, of course.) Alice is an interesting pick too, most choose Bella! I agree she's got a pretty special power, it'd be fun to experiment with that for a day.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arwen and Hermione Granger! To switch places with Arwen for one day sounds really awesome. I mean, she's so fierce & beautiful. Also Hermione Granger! Adventures, spells and hanging out with Ron and Harry sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arwen is such a perfect choice~ I wish I had thought of her before! Love your top ten this week! :)

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Cassie Blake, as well. The Secret Circle is my 2nd favorite LJ Smith trilogy (behind TVD, of course). Adam is...*swoon*

    However, Cassie's mom only dies on the TV show. In the books she ends up comatose for a good deal of the third book, but when they smack the crap out of Cassie's dad, she wakes up and is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by My TTT! Isabelle and Arwen were really good additions, great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great list! I like the pics you used, cool idea! Thanks for stopping by my My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such unique answers! I really want to be Grim now too...such a mysterious character. I have to go check out I Heart now!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/top-ten-tuesday-31-switching-places.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I really want to start reading the Secret Circle series... I absolutely adore the Vampire Diaries series & the T.V. version.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! I'm all about fantasy heroines too! I'm with you on Hermione, Cassie Blake, Arwen, and Alice! Awesome lives! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that picture of Hermione! It's pretty cool that you chose Alice rather than Bella - her power does sound interesting...

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't even remember Hermione!! Great list!! Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!