Saturday, June 09, 2012

Review Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick


Title: Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Published: October 13th, 2009 (Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing)
Pages: 391

Source: bought
Series: Hush, Hush #1
Rating: 4 / 5
Synopsis from GoodreadsFor Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

If you’ve read the about me part on this blog you know my tbr-pile is huge, because my eyes are too big for the time I can actually read. Hush, Hush was on my wish list for ages, than I finally bought it and then it took me ages to pick it up and read it. And now I finally have! And, as always with these kind of books, I want to kick myself for not reading it sooner, because it's a great book!

I haven't read many books about (fallen) angels, but every time I do I have enjoyed them. I liked the synopsis (otherwise I wouldn't have put the book on my wish list), but it's a bit mysterious. It doesn't really tell you what will happen in the story. This can be really confusing, and even irritating, but with this book it couldn't go wrong. Most of the time I like it if I know a bit about what is coming. Throughout this story I didn't really know what the next page would bring, but it worked really well. It's mysterious in a good way. You can't stop reading it, because you want to know what it's all about. And the style of writing is good, for me an important point in reviewing a book. 

Nora comes across as a bit naive girl, but I liked that about her. i would feel the same in the situation she is in. For a long time I didn't know what to think about Patch, but at the end I kind of liked him. I'm still not totally sure how much though. There is still so many things we don't know about him. But overall I liked all characters, even in their bad ways.

What I think is really good about this book is that it isn't predictable. Throughout the whole story I didn’t know what would happen next and who was behind all the strange things that are happening. 
I would definitely recommend this book, especially if you like (fallen) angels books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!