Wednesday, January 04, 2012

First review: Stealing Phoenix


Title: Stealing Phoenix
Author: Joss Stirling
Published: August 18th, 2011(Oxford University Press Country
Pages: 264
Source: bought
Series: Benedict #2
Rating: 4 / 5
Synopsis from Goodreads: Yves' story. This is about getting you out...I'm stealing you.

Phoenix belongs to the Community - a gang of thieves with paranormal powers. Yves Benedict - an American student visiting London - is her mark. But Yves turns out to be more than just a target. He is her destiny. Her soulmate. But the Community owns Phoenix's past and it wants her future too.



The second installment of the Benedict-series and I thought it even better than the first one!
Phoenix is a Savant and lives in a group called the Community. Here she uses her gift, the ability to freeze time in the head of other people and savants, to steal from people. But with her new target something strange happens. He resists her power and tells her about the - for her -  fairy-tail story of finding your soulfinder. Yves Benedict, the sixth brother, is her soulfinder and he will do everything to get her away from the Community. Even endangering his own family.


I thought the first installment in this series was really good, but I found this one even better because I could relate more to Phee than I could to Sky. Although it was nice to have Sky back in this story. Here she was more a girl I can relate with.
As I read the first book you have more information as a reader and I liked that. I think the books can be read separately, but they're nicer together.


The story is placed in London and since I been there only a couple of weeks ago, I could get a mental picture of most of the places Phoenix went. I loved the scene on the Millennium Bridge and Tate Modern. That's one of my favorite places in London.


And then off course Yves. I just love him. He's such a nice guy. The way he doesn't notice all the girls around him falling for him, but he only has eyes for Phee. Being really rich, but not caring about it. He's smart, kind and really hansom. What could a girl want more?


I like the writing style of Joss Stirling. It keeps you at the edge of your seat and you want to keep reading. Even after you finished the book. I can't wait for the next installment in this series, but we have to wait for a while, since it will be only published in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!